Thursday, September 11, 2008

Is the sun really going to come up tomorrow?


After my last post I realized that it was 9/11. My world was rocked off its foundation that day in 2001. It was such a personal moment shared by the whole country. We were glued to the news. We looked at our lives and wondered what was really important. For me, I wondered if my two brothers were going to be drafted into a war started by some mad man living in a cave on the other side of the world. I remember sitting in my room and for the first time in my life really questioned if the sun was really going to rise the next morning. How could it? For me the words were too impossible to form to describe the new world I woke up to on 9/11. The pictures spoke more than anything I could imagine to say. Living in the world were cameras, video cameras, and cell phones with cameras were everywhere the victims were the photojournalists and the photojournalists were the victims. I picked this picture because it showed the devistation, the determination and the hope that 9/11 left us trying to figure out.

No comments: