Sunday, July 13, 2008

Christmas in July

Photobucket

I found this picture from the movie Elf and thought, "Can I enjoy something so simple as a revolving door with child like enthusiasm?" Then, I thought about trying to keep the Christmas spirit all year round. This all lead me to remembering the advice the savior gave, "...Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3.

So, what does this all have with Elf and a revolving door? I'm not quite sure, but I think I made the connection of trying to find and enjoy fully the happiness the plan of salvation provides. Perhaps, we hear about the plan so often we forget how truly amazing it is. The challenge is trying to keep that pure joy that children have when they really feel happy. The plan of salvation is often called the great plan of happines.

Now, I'm not so dumb as to think that everyone has to be happy all the time, that really isn't realistic. (Well, at least not for me.) I guess I mean we (meaning me) need to take the time to sit back and see how blessed we (I) are (am). Then, let that feeling fill every molecule of our body and cheer (if you want to) or smile as big as you feel like.

See, what happens when you aren't looking for a spiritual connection and you find one that is so random it's cool.

2 comments:

The Howard Family said...

I like elf(the movie, not real elves...I take the back, I don't know any real elves!)And I like Christmas.....and I lke how you linked it all up with the Savior and the importants of being like little children and the importants of the simplicity of happieness, even though it is impossible to be happy all the time.....we know how important it is..........!

Amber said...

A few things. First, I love Elf. Seriously I watch it all the time. One of my favorite parts is when Zooey Deschanel is singing in the bathroom with Will. Not sure why I love that part of such a quirky movie, but I love it. Next, it is a good thing we are commanded to be like children. Otherwise I would be screwed!