Monday, July 13, 2009

I am amazed with AGATHA CHRISTIE



I've been really reading Agatha Christie for many years --and though some people would call writing murder mysteries a bit low brow-- I am continually amazed at how she writes and am often caught off guard at how funny she really is. My favorite quote is from A Murder is Announced, "...I really like dogs with legs." If you read the entire monologue the entire thing is simply hillarious. These are super fast reads and entertaining. You can usually pick one up from a used bookstore or a garage sale...step away from the t.v and try reading one if you want.

The main benefit of reading her books, for me, is they inspire me to write more...not necessarily murder mysteries, but simply writing. Agatha's life is wonderfully interesting as well.

3 comments:

shelly said...

I'm pleased to hear that they inspire you to write, and not to commit crime =) I've never read one, but need a good book. I'll have to give one a try.

garrynkim said...

I tried an Agatha novel in book club, but I wasn't digging it. Glad you like it though!

Debbie and Boys said...

Hey Jen! I'm noticing your blog in on a more serious note. Like it, and yet I really like your quirkiness. Its all very refreshing to me! Glad you have a blog!